Ingredients 20 mint cupcakes:
For the dough chocolate cupcakes:
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Butter (room temperature) – 6 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Light brown sugar – 1/2 Cup
Large eggs – 2 PCs.
Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
Wheat flour – 1 Cup
Cocoa powder (unsweetened) – 6 tbsp
A baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Milk (can be cow, coconut, soy, almond, cashew or rice) – 3/4 tbsp.
Mint frosting for chocolate cupcakes:
Butter (soft) – 1 Cup
Powdered sugar 3-3,5 cups
Fatty cream (30%) – 2 tbsp
Mint extract – 1/2 tsp
Green food coloring (3-4 drops)
To decorate the chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting:
Grated dark chocolate
Chocolates with mint filling
Method of preparation:
1. Set the oven to pre-heat up to 180C. Muffin tin greased with vegetable oil or sprinkle with non-stick spray. But it is best to use special paper liners or silicone muffin tin, then grease is not necessary. Approximate release cupcakes from the number of ingredients – 20 pieces.
2. Prepare the batter for chocolate cupcakes. In a large bowl (you can also use the mixer bowl) whisk the soft butter and two sugars on medium speed until a homogeneous lush mass. Beat eggs one at a time and whisk thoroughly after each is entered. Add the vanilla extract can be replaced vanilla – 1/4 tsp and stir.
3. In a medium mixing bowl sift wheat flour (you can take two kinds of flour, such as wheat and whole wheat, these muffins will turn out better), cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Mix and add small amount of salt. Again, all lightly stir with a whisk (the movement shouldn’t be intense).
4. Begin to add dry mixture of flour to oil (about 1/3 part), enter half the milk and stir. Then again, we introduce a little flour and milk, beat until a homogeneous dough without lumps. In the end add the remaining flour and again whisk until uniform consistency.
5. Gently spread the batter into the muffin tins using a tablespoon (2 tbsp) or fillable forms using a pastry bag 2/3 part. Fully shape chocolate dough try not to fill because in the baking process, the cupcakes will rise well. Don’t be lazy and divide the dough into several lots, so you have the muffins will turn out airy and much prettier.
6. Sent to be baked in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 180C. Readiness check with a match or wooden toothpick, if it comes out of the center of brownie is dry and clean, then the muffins are ready.
7. Carefully take out the form of muffins from the oven, always use oven mitts or kitchen towels to avoid burns. Leave the brownies in the shapes for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to cool on a metal grill or pan.
8. While the cupcakes are cooling, make mint frosting. In the mixer bowl put the butter at room temperature and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Whisk until a homogeneous consistency. Add 1 Cup powdered sugar, fatty heavy cream and mint extract. Continue whisking with a mixer on medium-high speed until thick and creamy mass without lumps of impurities. If you frosting is too thick, add a little cream if it is too thin and soft, powdered sugar and store in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
9. Decorate chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting. After you made sure that the brownies have completely cooled to room temperature, begin to decorate peppermint cream. Peppermint frosting can be placed in a pastry bag with different nozzles or a pastry syringe, so you have beanies of mint frosting will turn out much nicer and neater. Thus decorate with mint frosting chocolate cupcakes.
10. Before serving, decorate homemade chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting mint leaves/grated dark chocolate/sliced mints or crushed peppermint candies. I decorated the slices of chocolate with mint filling.